Applying for accommodation in Cape Town
The moment you spot a space that is perfect for you, you must know that you are not the only one that is interested in this gem. Because Cape Town is so popular, this city is quite packed with different people and cultures and of course everybody needs to stay somewhere right? Therefore all letting and property agencies requests an application form from suitable tenants. Wherever you apply there will be no guarantee that the property will definitely be yours, unless you are the only person interested, which is very unlikely. Here are some guide lines to help you fight for the home you want.
Make sure that you already have the following in order- the quicker you are to send your application form with all the necessary requirements the better your chances.
- Have a scanned copy of your ID or passport
- Have at least 2 to 6 months latest bank statements
- Have most recent salary slips or proof of income
- If you are self employed, you will need the latest financials or a letter from your Auditor
- More then one reference from previous occupation will definitely count in your favour
- Most properties ask for 1 to 2 months rental deposit
Yes, applying for accommodation is a bit of an effort, but this is to prevent any form of fraud and to give security to your future agents that you are not a risk, but well capable in taking care of the property and assuring the monthly rent.